Copenhagen January 2011

Copenhagen January 2011
A cold November in Copenhagen...

Sunday 19 February 2012

Adventures with an HPT

Since I got back it's been mental.  My freelance work has gone into overdrive, I have been preparing to send off a 'dream job' application and I'm dealing with the usual horrors of the progesterone supplements.  When I got back to London on Saturday 11 February, I was really tired.  I had poking feelings and that weird kind of wiped out feeling Cyclogest gives you, but I was good at ignoring it.  Then around 5 days later, last Thursday, my boobs started to get unbearably sore and bulbous.  What a nasty word that is, bulbous!  I ignored it, but did think it was odd.  Been on progesterone for 3 cycles and not had breast pain like that before, but it is a side effect of the drug.  Around last Friday I started sneezing and got a runny nose.  A cold was seemingly on its way.  This is odd for me, I don't get colds.  I eat too much fruit and I'm not prone to them.  One every 3 or 4 years is the norm, but then it was 'bone chillingly' cold in Denmark, so I guess that's why. To stop me going nuts I took at a home pregnancy test (HPT) with First Response on Friday 17th, 8DPO.  You can get a result up to 6 days before your period is due apparently.  It was a big fat negative, but frankly not surprising that early.  Then I became a bit of a loony.  I kept looking at it hours later as there was a weird shadow.  24 hours later I pulled the test apart to look at it a close quarters and a faint pink line could be seen.  Yes, I actually did that.  That's how desperate I was.  I know, I know, you must discard tests after 10 minutes and read them within 3.  Anyhow, spurred on by the tiny, tiny possibility I waited two days more and bought another two tests.  I tested today at 10dpo and within 3 minutes there was a very faint line.  It's pink, but it is very faint.  So now I'm officially excited.  I can't help myself.  I know the Ovitrelle might still be in my system, but then I think if it was it would have been a stronger positive going into a negative, not a negative going into a positive as the days go on.   

Well, I could drive myself mental, but I will wait 2 more days and test again on Tuesday, 12dpo and on CD 23. That's 3 days before my period and I'll do it again on the proper test day, 2 days after that.  I cannot tell you how hopeful I am, but how terrified that I'm seeing things that simply aren't there because this is my last chance.  Given the annoying side effects of progesterone, the only confirmation I can have is a strong positive test once I can be sure Ovitrelle is out of my system.  I made a deal with the Universe.  I will be a good person forever and do anything if I can be pregnant.  Anything legal that is!  It seems too good to be true that my very last time it has worked, but maybe my luck has finally changed.  Till Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment