Copenhagen January 2011

Copenhagen January 2011
A cold November in Copenhagen...

Thursday 19 January 2012

Happy New Year!

To one and all a Happy New Year!  I hope this year brings all the joy you wish for.  I have been furiously saving for my final shot (no pun intended) at donor insemination in Copenhagen.  I had to let January pass because I spent far too much in December and January.  I felt a bit rebellious after living such a restricted life for the last year; very little money, no (virtually no) alcohol and very little social life.  

So, I am now preparing for the last chance of having my own biological child - no pressure then - and it looks like it will be around February 8-10.  Fortunately it's the Copenhagen Winter Jazz Festival and so I will, hopefully, be able to wind down after the deed with some cool jazz.  I'm quite sad that it will be the last time I visit regularly, for lots of reasons.  I've come to really love Copenhagen, even though it is ridiculously expensive.  I love the cleanliness and openness in comparison to London, the food, the design, the friendly Danes. The concept of 'hygge' is everywhere, right down to candles on the tables of bog standard, chain coffee shops day and night.  I could quite honestly say that I would live there in a minute.  It's been hyped even more thanks to the success of the fabulous political drama 'Borgen' which has recently hit our British TV screens. 

It's just a shame that that it's not possible to have treatment for donor eggs in Denmark.  I believe Copenhagen Fertility Center send Danish women to Greece for this treatment, but I can't imagine that it would be viable financially for me to be under the care of the clinic and then to also travel to Greece.  However, I will ask when I'm there.  It's always possible that it may not be too complicated or expensive.  Research is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment